If you forward or reply to lots of messages, then this can be a real timesaver. By changing the configuration of Outlook, you can make it automatically close the original message after you have forwarded or replied to it.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Go to the top of the Ribbon and click the Office Button.
3. Click on the Options button.
4. In the left pane, select Mail.
5. In the right pane, scroll down to the Replies and forwards section.
6. Click the Close original message window when replying or forwarding checkbox.
7. Click the OK button.