If you forward or reply to lots of messages, then this can be a real timesaver. By changing the configuration of Outlook, you can make it automatically close the original message after you have forwarded or replied to it.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Go to the menu, click Tools and select Options.
3. Under the Preferences tab, go to the E-mail section and click the Email Options button.
4. In the Message handling section, check the Close original message on reply or forward checkbox.
5. Click the OK button to close E-mail Options.
6. Click the OK button to close Options.