Expecting an important email from your boss, but it’s time to go home? You can set up Gmail to forward the messages from your important contacts by setting up a filter.
1. Go to your Gmail account.
2. Use the menu in the upper-right corner and select the Settings link.
3. Select the Filters tab.
4. Go to the bottom and click the Create a new filter.
5. In the Create a Filter box, input the address of the desired sender in the From textbox.
6. Click the Next Step button.
7. Check the Forward it to checkbox and put the address you want the email forwarded to in the textbox.
8. If you want the filter applied to emails that you have already received, check the Also apply filter to checkbox.
9. Click the Create Filter button.