Do you have a favorite Dashboard widget, one you use all of the time? Why not place it on your desktop so you can always have it nearby? Here’s how:
Before we start, it should be noted that the widget will lay on top of any windows that are opened. It is better to place the widget off to the side so that it doesn’t interfere with your computing.
1. Copy the following terminal command:
defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES
2. Open up Terminal, paste and execute the copied command.
3. After the command executes, close Terminal and Log Out of your account.
4. Log back into your account.
5. Access the Dashboard via the Dock or by pressing F12 on your keyboard.
6. Locate the desired widget. Left-click the desired widget, keeping the mouse button depressed.
7. Begin dragging the widget (still keeping the left mouse button depressed).
8. While still dragging the widget, press F12 on your keyboard.
9. Release the left mouse button.
The Dashboard will go away, but the selected widget will remain. Move the widget to the desired location on the desktop.
To place the widget back on the dashboard:
1. Left-click and drag the widget.
2. While dragging the widget, press F12 on your keyboard.
3. After the Dashboard appears, release the left mouse button and the widget will be returned to the Dashboard.