XP: Change the Default Folder View/Make all Folder Views the Same
Do you prefer all your folders to have certain appearance, but you do not want to change them one by one? The following Tech-Recipes tutorial explains the quickest and simplest way to make all your folder views the same.
Use the steps below to change and set your default folder view to apply to all folders:
- 1. Open a folder.
2. Click the View menu.
3. Select the type of view you want (large, small, details, list, etc.).
4. Click the View menu again.
5. Select Arrange Icons.
6. Select the type of arrangement and if you want Auto Arrange.
7. Look at your folder view. This will be the folder view that you are going to set as your default folder view if you continue. If you are not satisfied with your choices, continue to adjust the methods of viewing and arranging. Then continue.
7. Click the Tools menu.
8. Click Folder Options.
9. Click View tab.
10. Click Apply to All Folders.
View more articles by David Kirk
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.