PSP: Convert your PSone games to work on a PSP w/Dark_AleX 3.10 OE-A firmware
This is a quickie recipe for those psp owners. I’ll show you how to convert your old PSone games (disc or iso) to play on your PSP. This works on Dark_AleX 3.10 OE-A` firmware (not explained here)
-PSP w/Dark_AleX 3.10 OE-A` firmware flashed
-MagicDisc (free, if you have images of your game discs use this to mount them)
-Auto Popstation4 (creates ISO file of game disc,, converts iso to PBP)
1. Download and extract Auto Popstation4.
2. Put your PSOne disc in your pc or mount the image w/your virtual drive application (magicdisc)
3. Go to the folder where we extracted Auto Popstation4. You should see a .bat file and also a folder called CoreData. Be sure there are not any ISOs in this folder, or else Auto Popstation4 will go to the menus for creating the eboot.pbp; if there is no iso it will give you options to capture an iso from your cd/dvd drive.
4. run the Autopopstation4.bat
5. on the menu, choose Option 1 to create an ISO.
6. next, you may get an error (you will the first time since it has not been configured), click OK on it. Then IsoProducer should open up. We need to configure it, use the suggested settings showing the Command Box and then click Make ISO.
i usually save it to the same folder as the Autopopstation4.bat file and the coredata folder. (the batch file needs the iso to be here, also be sure to not use spaces in the filename).
7. Once the iso is created, rerun the Autopopstation4.bat again, this time we will get a different menu to create make our PSP ready game.
Type the iso’s file name when asked, it will list all ISO files in the folder where the batch file is. again be sure that your iso’s file name does not contain spaces, messes up the batch file/script.
Then choose the compression level, 0 = none, 9 = max; remember that the more compression the longer the load times or possibility it won’t even load; i generally use 2 – 4 for this setting.
Next, it will ask for a name for the game, this will show up on your PSP > Game menu
Next, it will ask for part of the game’s name to find the appropriate game code. after you hit enter it should populate a list of game codes; the code is the first number (ie SLUS01251 ). The command prompt prob is asking if you want to run again, just choose N.
Now you will be asked for the game code (again, the one we found from above, ie SLUS01251) and hit Enter.
Finally, it will ask if you want to make a Manual for the game using the PSPDocument Maker or by using any png file in the CoreData\DocmakerImages (must be named 0000.png to 9999.png). I made a custom png file that i use all the time (just a seamonkey logo).
Once you choose how to make the manual, it will confirm your settings, just Y to start and it will start processing away. Once its done, you can hit any key and it will open up the Results folder w/your newly converted PSone game now ready for your PSP!
-You can customize the icon0.png and pic1.png to your liking. they are saved in the CoreData folder or you can go back and edit the eboot.pbp using PBP Unpacker (here’s an older guide i made that is still applicable: http://seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com/psp/eboot.html)
-These games will also work w/Dark Alex 3.30 OE-A
-If you have problems w/the game not loading past the Playstation logo, you may want to recreate the eboot.pbp w/o using any compression (set to 0)
-Also, if you have problems you may need to create the iso from a mounted cd image or actual PSOne CD-ROM; i had a problem w/MDS files and had to remount them and create a new .iso using popstation4 and in turn fixed my problems.
-Finally; if you get the message about your system not being activated, you may want to head over here: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2302/~/activate-%2F-deactivate-a-psp and setup an PSN account and in turn try to activate it via the account management page. i have not tried it since i have my psp activated via my PS3 since i have it setup for remote play; but worth a shot!
Games that i’ve converted and work:
- FFIX (no lag or delays, see video of it at botom)
XMEN vs Street Fighter
Gran Turismo 1 and 2
Legend of Mana
View more articles by Jimmy Selix
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.