WHS: How to Remote Reboot or Shut Down
Windows Home Server is a windows box, and we all know that a windows box occasionally needs a good reboot or two. Here is how to remotely reboot or shut down your whs box.
In testing the new windows home server, I have needed to reboot several times. Doing a remote reboot is easily accomplished through the windows home server console:
1. Double-click the WHS icon in the system tray and enter your password to open the console and connect to your server
2. Click the gears in the upper right hand corner to open the Settings dialog box
3. Click the General Tab
4. Click the Shut Down Icon in the right upper hand corner
5. You are then given the option to Shut Down or Restart
6. You will lose connection within your client as the server goes down.
View more articles by David Kirk
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.