Vista: How To Delete a User Account
Have an account that you no longer need on your computer? You can delete it and still keep the desktop and personal files associated with the account by following these steps:
1. Log onto the computer using an account with administrator privileges.
2. Click the Start Button.
3. Click the picture associated with your account at the top of the menu.
4. Select Manage another account.
5. When the UAC box pops up, click Continue.
6. Select the user account that is to be deleted.
7. Click Delete the Account.
8. You will be asked if you wish to keep the files from the deleted account. To save the account’s desktop and personal files to your desktop, click Keep Files. This will place the files into a directory with the account’s name onto your desktop. Otherwise click the Delete Files button.
9. Click Delete Account.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.