By default, Windows Live Mail places all downloaded items (email messages, calendars, etc.) in the Application Data folder in the current user’s folder. If you want to put this in an easier place to remember (like your Documents folder) or on a larger drive, you can do so by following these steps.
1. Open Windows Live Mail.
2. Press the Alt key to make the menu appear at the top of the application.
3. Click Tools and select Options.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Go to the Maintenance and Troubleshooting section and click the Maintenance button.
6. Click the Store Folder button.
7. Click the Change button.
8. Browse to the desired location.
9. Click the OK button.
10. Click OK to close the Store Location window.
11. Click Close to close the Maintenance window.
12. Click OK to close the Options window.