With the latest versions of OS X, Twitter and Facebook have been heavily incorporated into the operating system of Apple Computers. When you try to use one of these new features, your mac should prompt you to configure the integration correctly. However, few people know that you can actually add additional accounts as well.
Many people have multiple twitter accounts. For example, I manage the twitter account @techrecipes for this beloved site, and I have my personal account @davak as well. Using twitter accounts is not difficult once you know how to configure everything correctly.
1. From your mac device, click on System Preferences. This can be found in multiple locations, but probably the easiest one is found by clicking the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
2. Select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
3. Click the (+) at the bottom of the right column and then select the large Twitter icon in the right column. Add the username and password from the Twitter account that you wish to add.
4. Close out System Preferences
5. Whenever you try to use a Twitter-enabled feature, you will be given the option of which account to use.
This will not work correctly with Facebook, however. Twitter allows the user to be logged into multiple accounts at once. Facebook prohibits this.