Nothing sucks more than to be working on a lengthy blog posting and have something go wrong (power outage, computer lockup, etc.). All of that great work is gone. Oh the frustration! Windows Live Writer can automatically save your drafts at a preset interval. While you might not be able to completely recapture your work of blogging art, you will only have to recreate a small portion of it.
1. Open Windows Live Writer.
2. Click Tools and select Options.
3. Select Preferences from the left pane.
4. Under Editing, check the Automatically save drafts every checkbox.
5. Input the number of minutes for the save interval in the corresponding textbox.
6. Click OK.