Every once in a while, you will run into a situation where a window or application opens somewhere beyond the scope of your monitor. It magically was placed somewhere to the far, far right and you can’t get to it to bring it back. I’ve experienced this with Winamp and IE has done this to me a couple of times. There’s a simple solution to get your application or window back on your screen, here’s how:
The key to this is to change the screen resolution to a lower value, thereby making windows move everything to fit the new resolution. Once this is done, simply return the resolution to its previous setting.
To change your screen resolution:
1. Right-click your desktop.
2. For Windows 2000/XP, Select Properties. When the Display Properties window appears, select the Settings tab. For Windows Vista, select Personalize and from the Personalize window, click Display Settings.
3. Use the slider under Screen resolution to change the resolution.
4. Click Apply.
5. When prompted as to whether you want to keep it, click Yes.
6. Go back to the Screen resolution slider and change it back to its original value.
7. Click OK.