An ISO file is an image of a CD or DVD. You can access the files contained within the ISO (without installing any software or having to burn the image to disc) by mounting the image and unmount the image when you are done with it. Here’s how:
1. Open a terminal window.
2. You will need to create a new directory for your ISO image. Execute the following command in your terminal window:
sudo mkdir /media/iso
3. Now execute this command to mount the ISO image:
sudo mount -o loop /home/shamanstears/Documents/test.iso
Make sure to change the path in the above command to the path of the desired ISO file.
4. Close the terminal window.
5. Go to the Ubuntu Main Menu.
6. Click Places and select iso.
7. The file browser will open, displaying the contents of the ISO image.
To unmount the file, use this command in a terminal window:
sudo umount /media/iso/