In IE7, the default update frequency is once a day. Here is how to change the update frequency to something a little more reasonable and timely.
I live out of my feed reader. I want updates frequently throughout the day. Here is how to make the IE7 Feed Reader check for feed updates more frequently.
1. Click the Star, and click the Feeds tab to open the Feed Reader
2. Right-click on any feed, and select Properties… from the context menu.
3. Click the Settings button in the Update Schedule section.
4. Change the update frequency by selecting what you wish from the drop-down box.
5. Click OK until you are back into IE.