With the latest version of Apple TV, the user can stream any audio from iTunes to the Apple TV. This includes internet radio! Plus, you can stream audio while you perform other tasks on your Apple TV device. No hacks required. This is a new, easy to use feature from Apple TV Take Two.
I love streaming internet radio to my Apple TV while I am browsing through flickr pictures. Heck, just having an easy way to get internet radio to my main stereo system is killer. Plus, it is so easy.
1. First, update your Apple TV to the latest software.
2. Be sure that AirTunes is enabled on your Apple TV:
Main Screen of Apple TV -> Settings -> Audio ->AirTunes -> On
3. Change from Computer to Apple TV as your speaker source for iTunes
Here is a closer look…
4. You can also use both the Computer and Apple TV simultaneously by selecting Multiple Speakers and then selecting both devices.
5. Select an internet radio station or some songs from your iTunes library to stream to your device.
6. You should see confirmation on your screen that you are streaming. You will be able to view your pictures or screen saver or whatever while you are streaming.
Internet radio streaming through Apple TV. Nice upgrade!