A basic wordprocessing function is to sort tables and text. This tutorial shows how to sort using iWork’s Pages application. Screenshots and step-by-step directions included.
Sorting text in iWork’s Pages involves just a few steps. Oddly enough, you can not sort text unless it is in a table. However, by pulling the text out of the table at the end, you can sort text that does not remain in a table.
1. Here is an unsorted table.
2. Click the column you want to sort. If you don’t want to sort the entire column, just select the items you wish to sort.
3. To see the inspector, click the View menu and then select Show Inspector
4. As highlighted below, select the Table portions of the inspector. Then select the Edit Rows and Columns “gear” button.
5. Select your sorting option.
6. Your table is now sorted…
7. If you do not want you text in a table, then do the following:
– Select the Format menu
– Select Table
– Select Convert Table to Text
8. Your text is now out of the table.