Excel 2007: Highlight Duplicates
Using conditional formatting, you can easily highlight duplicate values in your spreadsheet. This will make it easier to identify the duplicates so that you can remove them. To do this…
1. Select the column that is to be checked for duplicate values.
2. Go to the Ribbon and select the Home tab.
3. In the Styles section, click Conditional Formatting.
4. Select Highlight Cells Rules and click Duplicate Values.
5. In the Duplicate Values dialog box, choose the formatting you wish to use from the dropdown. The default is a light red fill with dark red text.
6. Click OK.
The background color of all values that appear more than once in the selected column will show the selected formatting.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.