This Tech-Recipes tutorial contains stepwise directions for erasing a CD-RW disc.
To erase a CD-RW disc, complete the following steps:
- 1. Place your CD-RW in your CD-RW drive.
2. Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
3. Right-click your CD burner and select Open.
4. In the CD Writing Tasks pane, click Erase this CD-RW.
5. Click Next in the Welcome to the CD Writing Wizard dialog box.
6. The Erasing the CD dialog box appears as the disc is erased.
7. A message is displayed when your CD-RW is ready for use.