If you have accidently deleted some contacts from your friend list in Windows Live Mail 2011, this tutorial will help you recover them.
1. Sign out of your account (if you are still online).
2. Go to Live.com and log in your account.
3. Click on Messenger->Contacts (you don’t need to sign in to Messenger).
4. Go to Manage->Restore deleted contacts.
5. Choose the contacts you want to restore and click Restore. You can also restore all contacts by clicking on Restore all. Please note that you can’t restore contacts deleted more than 30 days ago.
6. After contacts have been restored, click on Add as friend.
7. Choose Invite in the pop up window. After that, contacts will be restored. Your friends will not receive any invitation because your ID is still in their list.
8. Sign in back to WLM. (It may take some minutes for deleted contacts to appear in your list)