Since the feeds you are subscribed to have content added to them at varying intervals, it only makes sense to set the update period for each feed to better match these intervals. Sites that update their content frequently should have a smaller update period, while those that only post new stuff a few times a day would benefit from a larger update period.
1. Click File and select Manage feeds.
2. Select the feed from the left pane.
3. Select the desired value from the Update period dropdown. Choices are Intelliupdate, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, and 30 minutes.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each feed that you wish to change the Update Period.
5. When you are finished, click the X in the upper right corner of the pane.