If you have grown tired of having to view the splash screen each and every time you open the SQL Server Management Studio, you can use a simple command line switch in your shortcut to bypass the annoyance.
1. Right-click on the desktop.
2. Click New and select Shortcut.
3. Click the Browse button and go to the Sqlwb executable (“C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\Sqlwb.exe”).
4. After the full path and the end quotes, add one space and type in -nosplash.
5. Click Next.
6. Type a name for the shortcut.
7. Click Finish.