iPad: How to pair / connect any bluetooth keyboard
The iPad’s touchscreen keyboard isn’t bad, its actually pretty good for a touchkeyboard. However there can be times where you may need to do some major emailing or even document writing and need a keyboard. This recipe will show you how to pair any bluetooth keyboard with the iPad. You don’t just need to use the Apple one, any bluetooth keyboard will work!
1. Go to Settings - General
2. Tap on Bluetooth, if its Off, tap on it to turn it On.
3. Now put your bluetooth keyboard in pairing mode; usually a dedicated button or by holding the power button down for 5 secs.
4. Once you do this, your keyboard will show up under Devices and say Not Paired.
5. Tap on it, You will be prompted with a message to type a series of numbers on the bluetooth keyboard and then press Enter on the keyboard.
6. The keyboard should up under Devices and say Connected.
–If your keyboard has a volume controls and media player controls (ie play, next, pause, prev, volume, mute), they will all map in the system and work in iPod and Videos and control the system volume. These will also work when your in an app with the music in the background (ie Safari, Pages, Mail, Calendar, any of the native apps)
–The Internet Home button on some keyboards will act like the Home button. My Dell BT Keyboard w/media/internet controls works like this.
Go to Settings - General -Bluetooth, Tap on the arrow on your keyboard in the list. Tap on Forget this Device
View more articles by Jimmy Selix
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.