Motorola Q – How to do a real Hard Reset (wipe device)
This recipe will explain how to do a real hard reset on a motorola q. This method is not documented anywhere in the manual but will wipe all user data from the phone.
Well, I deal with a ton of PDA/Smartphones each day at work and have been supporting the newer Motorola Q devices.
One thing that i have noticed when I’ve been setting up our demo Q is that the Master Reset in the Start > System Settings area does not actually really wipe a device.
We use Goodlink to sync email from our exchange server to our Motorola Qs and the Goodlink information still resides on the phone after doing a master reset.
This recipe will explain how to do a true master/hard reset and wipe all device data, restoring it to factory defaults/state.
1. Be sure to have atleast 75% battery on your Motorola Q
2. Be sure that you have backed up all data on the device since this will wipe the device clean
3. Power off the Motorola Q
4. Power on the Motorola Q
5. Once you see the initial carrier screen, hold the center button on the navigation pad.
6. Keep it held until you get a “Master Reset?” screen.
7. Click the left softkey for “Yes” and the phone will wipe and reload the OS from ROM
BE SURE NOT TO REMOVE THE BATTERY WHEN YOU DO THIS or you may ‘brick’ your phone.
View more articles by Jimmy Selix
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.