IE 9: Prevent users from changing your homepage
The home page setting in the IE browser can be changed in a few clicks. If your computer is used by other users, you may not want them being able to set the home page to a different location. To avoid frustration, you can disable that option. This tutorial will show how to do it in IE9.
1. Press the Win key + R to bring up the Run window.
2. Type in regedit, and hit Enter.
3. In the Registry Editor window, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
4. Right-click on the Internet Explorer key, choose New -> Key. Name the new key Control Panel.
5. Right click on an emty space of the right panel -> New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new DWORD Homepage.
6. Double click on the DWORD value, and change its value from 0 to 1.
7. It should take effect immediately. However, if you do not see the Home page area is grayed out like below, please restart your computer to see the change.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.