If System Restore is not working well for you, you will have more success running it from the command line.
Running System Restore from the command line is often the only way to get a system back up and running. I will describe it from the initial boot.
- 1. Restart your system.
2. When the system first boots, type F8 to bring up the boot menu.
3. Select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option.
4. Log-on as administrator, if needed.
5. At your command prompt type the following:
6. Hit Enter.
6. This will open the System Restore wizard.