Change Default Dual Boot Order in XP, 2000, or Longhorn/Vista System
The following Tech-Recipes tutorial explains how to set the default OS on a Windows dual boot system.
I recently installed the new Longhorn/Vista beta as a dual boot. However, I did not want my family to have to play with my development OS after every reboot. Here is how to change the default OS that loads after a reboot.
1. Right-click on My Computer , and select Properties.
– (In Vista, you can select View System Information from the Computer window.)
2. From the System Properties window, select the Advanced tab.
3. Push the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
4. Select the default OS from the Default operating system dropdown box.
5. Click OK twice.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.