OnePlus One: How to Switch from Dalvik Runtime to ART
The Dalvik runtime has been used in previous versions of Android, but the Android runtime (ART), which is used on Android Lollipop, is quicker and smoother. You do not have to wait for Lollipop to be released for your OnePlus One to start using the ART runtime on your device.
Enable Developer Options
Before you set your OnePlus One to use the ART runtime, you need to enable developer options.
1. Go to your Settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom, and select About phone.
3. Scroll down to Build number.
4. Tap Build number seven times. Developer options will be enabled.
Enable the ART Runtime
1. Go to Settings.
2. Scroll down to the System section, and select Developer options.
3. Scroll down to the Apps section, and tap Select runtime.
4. Select Use ART.
5. When prompted to reboot to change the runtime from libdvm.so to libart.so, select OK.
Your phone will reboot. When it does, it will update your apps to use the ART runtime. This may take a few minutes if you have numerous apps installed on your device. Once your phone has booted, check out the improvements in speed and smoothness.
Note: Not all apps are ART ready yet, but I ran into no issues with the 150+ apps installed on my phone.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.