Fix for XP Error: The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located
The common error appears when users perform a repair install of Windows. Here is how to get around it without waiting hours and hours.
When doing a repair install, XP will often give the following error message:
The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located
Clicking OK does nothing but redisplay this window. Several users on the Internet have reported that if you continually click this box, eventually the error will go away; and you can continue. Others have noticed that if you leave the computer alone awhile and later come back and click on the box, the error will go away; and you can continue installation.
While these methods may be effective, they are time consuming. To continue the installation in the quickest way possible, use the following steps:
1. Press Shift+F10 to open up a DOS box
2. Type taskmgr.exe and press ENTER from the command line
3. When the task mananger opens, select the Processes tab
4. Select the unregmp2.exe and end it
5. Click the Applications tab
6. Select the error window and click End Task
7. The window will close. You can exit your DOS box and continue installation.
Props goes to nihir in the windrivers forum for the idea.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.