Thief 4 Walkthrough for Chapter 2: Dust to Dust Part 2
After you escape the Foundry in the first part of Chapter 2, follow the instructions below to complete the objectives in the second part, and proceed to Chapter 3.
You have escaped the Foundry. We will need to meet Basso again.
Meet Basso in the Black Alley
Before you start this mission, make sure to bring as much equipment as you can.
1. You start this mission at the same location in the Stone Market. The Black Alley is on the right side of the map; you can use the rooftop to get there easily.
2. On your way there, you will see a small bridge and a big gap between the two houses. In order to pull the bridge down, use the third arrow in your inventory.
3. From this point, it is quite easy to get to the location. The alley is underground, so you have to jump off the roof to get there. There are active guards on the way, so stay alert.
Visit Erin’s Hideout
1. After the talk, you will have to visit Erin’s hideout. There are many guards in this area, so do not fight them. There is a bottle on the crate which you can use to cause a distraction, and then move behind the crates to get to the next area.
2. Next, you should see some guards talking as they walk down the street. Although they do not notice your presence, it is not advised to follow them because there are more guards in that direction. Instead, take the small alley on the right side to get to the bridge.
There are some guards on the bride talking. You can take this opportunity to jump off the bride and get to the window quietly.
After getting through a citizen’s house, walk along the path on the left to get to Erin’s hideout. There should be some guards walking in this area, so be careful.
3. Now that you are very near Erin’s hideout, you need to find a way to get in. After jumping over some crates, you will find a small rock switch on the wall. Press E to interact with it, and get inside. This part is a bit tricky, so pay close attention to the wall.
Erin has set up some traps in her hideout, so proceed with caution. When you are inside, switch your vision to see the location of the traps, and turn them off using the blue switches.
Next, get to the second floor using the ladder on the right side of the room. As you get upstairs, there will be a second trap; you can switch your vision and use the same method to turn it off.
Finally, press the switch to reveal the path to her room.
4. As soon as you get inside Erin’s room, you will have a conversation with her in a fantasy environment because she is dead. Find a way to get closer to her to talk, and trigger the next scene. Erin will then ask you to find some items in the room. The first item is on the left side, the second is behind the spot where you were standing at the beginning, and the last one in on the wall under Erin. You have to pick them up in order so that the next item can be found.
After the talk, you will come back to reality. Find your picture on the wall, press on the right eye in the picture to reveal the secret item.
Finding the Path to the House of Blossoms
1. After you leave Erin’s hideout, walk toward the guard standing under the fire, then turn right, and head to the alley.
2. Right after you pass the entrance, look up to find an anchor beam. Use the rope arrow to fire a rope at it, and climb up.
3. Follow the route on the rooftop to avoid the guards beneath you. There are several items in the nearby rooms, so grab them as you go farther.
4. At the end of the path, you will be standing between two houses. You can get to the second floor of the house on the right by jumping on the wall.
5. You should be able to see the target location from the second floor of this house. To get there, jump to the ground, and walk along the alley to find a bridge. Use the switch to pull the bridge down, and head to the spot.
In the Dirty Secrets chapter will be need to help Garrett get the book in the ancient ruins.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.