Facebook: Prevent Friends from Sending App or Game Invites and Requests
Receiving Facebook app or game invites several times a day can be very frustrating, especially if you do not use them. If you have a Facebook account primarily for communicating with friends and never use any apps at all, you can turn the app or game feature off to stop receiving invites from your friends.
While this method is an effective way to block all app invites, it also prevents you from utilizing your Facebook account to log in to apps. Apps that use Facebook to operate may stop working after this switch. To ensure that you avoid this issue, you can consider blocking individual games or apps. However, it is only possible to block an app once it appears in your notifications, so you cannot block an unknown app beforehand.
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click the gear icon to show the menu, and choose Account Settings from the list.
3. In the Settings window, navigate to the Apps section using the left sidebar.
4. At the top of the Apps settings section, you will find an option above all the apps that asks you if you want to use apps, plugins, games and websites on the internet. This option is turned on by default, so you can use your Facebook account to log in to an app or website without signing up. If you want to turn it off, click Edit.
5. Finally, click Turn Off Platform, and you are done. By turning this feature off, your friends will not be able to invite or send you game or app requests anymore. Apps that you used before can still access your information; you will have to contact the developers to remove it.
You can always come back to this page and turn it back on anytime you want. The list of your previously used apps will be restored.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.