iOS: Set Ringtones for Specific Contacts
By default, all contacts on your phone will be assigned the same ringtone, and you have to pull your phone out to see who is calling. In many cases, getting to your phone quickly just to identify a caller maybe a bit difficult, especially when you are busy. By setting different ringtones to important contacts in your address book, you can easily identify the caller by just hearing the ringtone.
While this feature is useful, setting different ringtones for too many contacts may actually cause more problems for you and leave you trying to guess who is calling. Therefore, it is recommended that you assign ringtones for a few important, select contacts only, or assign one tone to specific groups of people.
1. Go to the Contacts app on your phone.
2. In the All Contacts screen, scroll through the list, and find the contact for which you want to assign a ringtone. If your contact list is too long, use the Search feature at the top of the list to find the desired contact quickly.
3. Next, tap the Edit button at the top right of the account detail page.
4. The detail page will then switch to edit mode with editable fields. Find the Ringtone and Text Tone options in the list, tap on the corresponding option, and choose one of the available ringtones in the list. The number of ringtones included with the system is quite limited. If you want more ringtones, you can purchase them from the iTunes store. There is a Buy More Tones option at the top of the list that takes you to the store directly.
5. When you have chosen the ringtones, tap Done twice to save the changes. Since you have set different tones for the contact, the options will be available in the contact’s detail page for quicker access next time.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.