Windows Vista: How to Enable Disk Quota Management
Disk Quotas allow administrators to limit how much disk space users can use on an NTFS formatted volume. This can be helpful in limiting the amount of personal data (music files, photos, etc.) and also to help make them use better file management practices.
1. Open Computer.
2. Right-click the volume you want to enable disk quotas on and select Properties.
3. Select the Quota tab.
4. Click the Show Quota Settings button.
5. Continue through the UAC prompt.
6. Click the Enable Quota Management checkbox.
7. Check the Deny disk space to users exceeding quota limit checkbox so that users will receive an insufficient disk space error when they exceed quota limits.
8. Select the Limit disk space radio button and input the desired amount of space using the textbox and dropdown.
9. Input the desired amount of space that you wish the user to receive a warning at.
10. Click the OK button.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.