Windows Phone 8: Add New Keyboard Languages
If you use more than one language, you may want to add extra languages to your Windows Phone 8 keyboard. This will allow you to compose text messages or email in whatever language you wish.
1. Go to the Settings section. You can access it from the live tile if it is pinned or from the app list.
2. In the Settings screen, scroll down to the keyboard section, and tap on it to configure its settings.
3. The add keyboards option can be found right at the top of the screen. Tap on it to choose the language that you would like to add to the keyboard.
4. Choose the language pack that you want. You can still choose multiple items in the list. When you are done, tap the check icon to save.
5. You will then be taken back to the keyboard settings screen. The new language will be listed there with the status set to Preparing download….
6. Once the language is downloaded, the phone will ask you to perform an update (similar to a firmware update). The phone will then be reset. If you choose to cancel the update, you can later apply the update in the phone update section.
7. When you want to switch the language of the keyboard, open the keyboard, and press the language’s abbreviation to switch.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.