Word: Create a Custom Bullet
Using bullets is a great way to present your list in a document. However, the bullets which come with Microsoft Word are pretty limited. By creating and importing a custom bullet, you can make your document more professional and unique.
Even through a bullet is just a tiny part of the document, making it unique to suit the overall theme can create that perfect impression for your audience. In our example below, we are adding a subtle earphones bullet to a document about mobile music production.
Importing and using a custom bullet in Word can be done by following these steps.
1. Launch Microsoft Word and open your document.
2. Right-click on an empty space of the document and choose Bullets -> Define New Bullet.
5. Use the pop-up explorer window to choose your image and click Open.
6. Choose the newly imported bullet from the Bullet picture window by double-clicking on it.
7. After choosing your new bullet, you can preview it in the Define New Bullet window. If you are not satisfied with the result, just repeat step 3 to 6.
8. Click OK to save the change and come back to the document.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.