Kubuntu: Use a Slideshow for the KDesktop Background
If you desire a little variety in your desktop background without continually having to change it yourself, use a slide show for your KDesktop Background. You can set he time interval that you want the background to change, the order and the images that the slide show will use.
1. Right-click the desktop and select Configure Desktop.
2. Select Background from the left pane.
3. On the right, in the Background section, select the Slide Show radio button.
4. Click the Setup button.
5. Select the time interval (in minutes) that you want the desktop background to change.
6. To show the images in random order, check the Show pictures in random order checkbox. Leave this unchecked if you want to determine the order that the images will be displayed.
7. Click the Add button.
8. Browse to the directory containing the desired images.
9. Select the images. You can select multiple images by holding down the ctrl key while selecting.
10. Click OK.
11. You will then see the images that you selected in the list for the slide show. Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to place the images in the order that they are to be displayed.
12. Click OK to close the Setup Slide Show window.
13. Click OK to close the Configure KDesktop window.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.