Word 2007: Delete Words from Custom Dictionary
I added an incorrect word to my Office dictionary, how can I delete it? With a few simple steps, you can easily delete the incorrect entry and reenter it, here’s how…
1. Open Word.
2. Click the Office button.
3. Click the Word Options button.
4. Select Proofing from the left pane.
5. Click the Custom Dictionaries button.
6. Select the custom dictionary (the default is CUSTOM.DIC) and click the Edit Word List button.
7. Select the word from the dictionary and click the Delete button.
8. Go back up to the Word(s) textbox and enter the correct spelling for the word. Click Add.
9. Click OK to close the dialog box.
10. Click OK to close the Custom Dictionaries window.
11. Click OK to OK to close the Word Options window.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.