Hack to Activate Facebook Timeline Early
Facebook seems to keep cranking out changes. The Timeline update is going to be one of the biggest yet. You can follow these steps to enable the new Timeline profile design right now!
Many users were pretty upset by the scrolling ticker that was just recently added on Facebook. The changes that are coming are even more drastic. This Facebook Timeline feature is going to send people over the edge.
Or maybe not. It actually works really well, and it looks super sleek. Besides the ability to go back in time and see when I started dating my ex-girlfriend in 2006 (yes, it literally tells you EXACT dates you did certain things), this is going to be kind of interesting to toy around with.
So wash off those dirty hands (I’m assuming they’re dirty) and lets enable this Facebook Timeline early. This secret is just for you! Also, if you get stuck in any of these steps, we have both a video and step-by-step directions to help you along.
1) You will need a Facebook profile. Here is the magic link in case you do not have one of those.
2) Okay now lets start for real. At the top of the screen type in “developer” and select the Facebook developer app.
3) We are going to create a new App. Don’t worry about what an App is. Click “+Create New App“, fill out the information, and then move on.
4) Select your app from the Developers App home screen (inception) and under Open Graph click on Get Started.
If you get an error telling you to specify a namespace for your application, simply go back to the app homepage, and under basic info give it a value next to “App Namespace.” It can be just some random text.
5) Enter some random information and hit the big green Get Started button.
In the future, we read movies.
6) On the next screen change at least one random piece of information, then click “Save Changes and Next” all the way until the end (should be just 3 tabs)
7) All done! Go to your Facebook home page, wait a few minutes, refresh. At the top center you should see an invitation to use the Facebook Timeline on your profile early!
After that, it’s smooth sailing in your cool new profile timeline thingy
Once again if you don’t follow these directions, watch the video tutorial showing these steps. As always, you can ask a question below in the comments, and I will actually reply to YOU!
Also for those of you wondering why we had to create an application to do this, it’s to trick Mark Zuckerburg into thinking that we are “app developers” for Facebook. They want to show off new features to developers first! Don’t worry, its perfectly legal!
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.