Put your iPod Photo, Nano, Video, or Mini (Fourth Generation) in Diagnostic Mode
This tutorial will show you how to put your fourth generation (4G) iPod into diagnostic mode. Using diagnostic mode allows you to run basic tests to see why your iPod is not functioning correctly.
This will work for all fourth generation (4G) iPods including Photo, Nano, Video, or Mini.
1. Make sure your hold switch is off.
2. Restart Your iPod.
3. Press and hold these keys: Menu and Select until the apple logo appears and the hard drive starts to spin.
4. Then press and hold these keys: Back and Select .
5. The apple logo will appear backwards if you have done it correctly.
6. Move through the list of tests using REW and FFW.
7. You can cancel any test by pressing MENU.
8. To cancel diagnostic mode, just restart your system.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.