Windows 7: Essential Windows Management Shortcuts
A big part of Windows workflow is managing open windows. Memorizing and using these shortcuts will greatly improve your desktop efficiency.
Shamanstears posted a list of shortcuts for managing open windows over a year ago. This will be a gentle reminder along with several additional helpful shortcuts as well.
- Move active window to left side of screen- Press Windows key + Left key
- Move active window to right side of screen- Press Windows key + Right key
- Display /Hide Explorer Preview panel- Press ALT + P while on the explorer panel
- Maximize/Restore inactive window- Press Windows Key + Up Key
- Minimize active window- Press Windows Key + Down Key
- Minimize everything except the active window– Press Windows Key + Home Key
- Open Windows Explorer- Press Windows Key + E
- Lock the Screen- Press Windows Key + L
- Resize Icons– Press CTRL + Mouse Scroll
If we’ve left out your favorite shortcut, please include it in the comments below.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.