MySpace: Hack to Dowload Any Song on Myspace
MySpace allows you to listen to a lot of songs; however, only a few of them can be downloaded. This little work-around will allow you to download most music files.
The method described in this tech-recipe has likely been fixed.
Old recipe is found below…
Mysace allows you to listen to a lot of music, but they only allow you to dowload a select few of the songs. Here is the work around.
1. Goto the Mysace site that you want to download the music from
2. That page must have at least one song available for download
3. Open notepad
4. Right-click the download link and select copy Link
5. Paste this link into your notepad
You see something like this:
- http://mp3dowload.mysace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction= bandprofile.dowloadSong&bsid=OldSongNumberHere&song_name= Title of the Old Song Here &fid=bandid
6. Right-click the add link and select copy link
7. Paste this into your notepad
You will see something like this:
- asfunction:addSong,NewSongNumber^Title of the New Song Here
8. Now in the original URL just replace the old song number and old title with the new number and title. Paste this URL into your browser and click OK.
9. After several seconds, you will be prompted to download the song.
Here’s an example:
The one dowloadable song Christine…
The add link to Don’t Go…
The new hacked URL…
http://mp3dowload.mysace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction= bandprofile.dowloadSong&bsid=2373353&song_name= Don%27t%20Go^Monsters%20Are%20Waiting%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E&fid=7570106
I figured this out independently while just playing around with Mysace. In the forums Brian Berris pointed out that he figured this out first. Props to him! If I had known it, it would have saved me some time. Feel free to check out his blog for a similar version of this tutorial.
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.