WMP: How to Erase, Reset, and Correct Your Windows Media Library
Your media library in Microsoft Media Player giving you fits? Just blast it and start over. This is a easy way to get WMP to reindex your music files.
If you move a ton of music around like I do, your media library through Microsoft Media Player gets jacked up. To fix it, the easiest thing to do is just to erase your old library files… and have WMP find your new files.
This will not erase your music files.
How to Get WMP to re-index your music:
- 1. Close Microsoft Media Player for at least 30 seconds
2. Click Start and then Run
3. Type the following into the textbox:
[list]%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
4. Click OK and a folder showing you your library files will appear
5. Erase all the files that end with .wmdb
6. Open Microsoft Media Player
7. Push F3
8. Select the locations for your music files
9. WMP will reindex your music
Follow the reactions below and share your own thoughts.